September 13, 2016

Announcing Catalogue Number Eleven!

Though the summer days are getting shorter and the sun has lost its bite, the new fall season is right around the corner and that is cause for some celebration.  Since 2006, I have ushered in the autumn with my annual catalogue presenting a selection of fine prints, drawings and watercolors acquired throughout the year.

For the first time the catalogue is structured around a theme, "Cherchez la femme", and features works honoring women from Belle Epoque "coquettes" to World War I nurses through mediums ranging from drawings, lithographs, pochoirs and etchings.  As usual, there is something for almost every taste and pocketbook.

This edition is somewhat bittersweet as it is the first time that my mother no longer with us, anxiously awaiting its arrival in the post.  I honor her memory with this small tribute to a woman who was a model of independence, fortitude and positivity.

No comments: